T20 World Cup West Indies Squad 2021 West Indies Team Playing 11 will be discussed here. 2021 will mark the start of the much-anticipated T20 World Cup. It is set to take place in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Oman. The final will take place in the UAE on November 14, 2021. As defending champions, West Indies are expected to dominate the tournament once again. The West Indies play in Group 1 of the game, also called the death group, because of the large teams there. In Group 1, West Indies, England, Australia, and South Africa are represented.
About T20 World Cup West Indies Squad 2021
Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Kieron Pollard, Shimron Hetmyer, Andre Russell, Dwayne Bravo, Evin Lewis, etc., are all power hitters for the team. Moreover, they are continuously improving their bowling unit. Under the captaincy of Kieron Pollard, the West Indies have been playing superbly. They weren’t stellar performers before. T20 World teams are all going to be worried about them.
West Indies Squad 2021 :
Among the T20 World Cup teams, the West Indies have won the most matches. They already have two trophies — a 36-run victory over Sri Lanka in 2012 and a four-wicket win over England in 2016. In 2021, they will compete for their third T20 World Cup title and begin their tournament against South Africa.
Detailed squad prediction for 2021 World T20:
West Indies Squad 2021: The predicted West Indies squad for the 2021 T20 World Cup is as follows: Lendl Simmons, Evin Lewis, Chris Gayle, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Kieron Pollard (c), Andre Russell, Jason Holder, Dwayne Bravo, Hayden Walsh , Akeal Hosein, Fabian Allen, Sheldon Cottrell, Andre Fletcher, Kevin Sinclair.
World T20 West Indies Team
- West Indies Squad 2021: In 2012, the West Indies won the World Cup against England in Kolkata, the first two years to win the ICC T20 World Cup. With two ICC T20 World Cup victories in the last three years, the West Indies have a chance of making more history. Rampaul, who last appeared for the Argentine national team in 2015, returns as a member. This is the first time Chase has been called into the team for a T20I match. The CWI’s lead selector said, “The squad has depth and strength in all areas. The team has tremendous T20 experience and World Cup-winning experience, which will serve the team well.
- “Our squad consists of world-beating players, which when combined will create a formidable team. My expectations are high for the team, and I think the team has a high chance of defending the championship with the ‘rub of the green.’ ”The team will gain another option in the death overs as Rampaul is a highly experienced bowler who performed well in the last CG Insurance Super50 Cup and the current Hero CPL.
- It will significantly boost the team’s options during the power-play and middle phase. It has been evident that Chase can play well in the T20s in 2020 and now in 2021. He can weave the innings together while still scoring at a fast pace with a low dot-ball percentage. He can be excellent backing for the explosive players. ”
- Ravi Rampaul returns, Gayle, Russell headline West Indies ’squad for the T20 World Cup.
- West Indies will compete in the Twenty20 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates and Oman in October-November. Rampaul, a former captain of the side, will return to the team for the first time in six years.
- Rampaul, a member of the 2012 World Cup-winning squad, last played T20 against Sri Lanka in 2015 and returns to bolster a lineup that will aim for an unprecedented third title.
- He will provide another option for the death overs, thanks to Rampaul’s seasoned bowling. It will benefit the team’s wicket-taking during the power play and middle phase, ”said Cricket West Indies selection manager Roger Harper.
- Roston Chase has been selected for the T20I squad for the first time.
- “Roston Chase has demonstrated that he is a capable T20 player. He had an outstanding season in 2020 and has been even better so far in 2021.
- The defending champions announce their squads for the T20 World Cup, Chris Gayle is in, but Sunil Narine isn’t
- Today, the Cricket West Indies (CWI) Selection Panel announced the West Indies squad for the International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s T20 World Cup, 2021. For the marquee event in the United Arab Emirates and Oman from October 17 to November 14, 2021 , the selection committee named fifteen (15) players and four (4) traveling reserves.
- Two years later, in Kolkata, the West Indies won the World Cup against England, becoming the first team to win the ICC T20 World Cup in 2012. Having won two of the last three ICC T20 World Cups, the West Indies now have the opportunity to make further history.
- In 2016, experienced bowler Ravi Rampaul was recalled for the first time since being part of the 2012 World Cup squad. This is the first time Chase has been called into the team for a T20I match.
West Indies Squad 2021 the defending West Indies champions have announced their squad for the Twenty20 World Cup in October and November